The City Human Resources Department has the responsibility of announcing and recruiting applicants for positions within the Police Department. We encourage you to check the City's Job Openings page for current announcements.
Candidates for the position of Police Officer must meet the minimum standards of:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum age of 21
- Must not have a prior record of criminal activity
- Must be able to obtain Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission (POST) certification within 6 months of hire
- Successfully complete a medical and psychological exam
- Meet other qualifications as outlined in Tennessee Code Annotated, Title 38, Chapter 8